Meet Sanni Zhang: Global Marketing Intern

My name is Sanni Zhang. I’m an international student from Zhengzhou, China. Fun Fact– my hometown is the cradle of the famous Shaolin Kungfu. I currently double major in Psychology and Science in Society. Working at Fries Center for Global Studies as a global marketing intern, my responsibilities include editing and posting on FCGS social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, and WeChat. I also engage in the process of creating different content based on the target audience on different social media platforms. 

Besides the job at FCGS, I am also involved in several other campus activities. I danced for 10 years when I was young but stopped it during middle school. Surprisingly, I found my passion towards dancing here at Wesleyan again. So far, I danced in two pieces in the Winter/Spring Dance concert and also in my friend’s senior thesis. 

Dance in a senior thesis (middle)

I’m also the Core Catalyst of the Talent team at TEDxWesleyanU. We hold annual TEDx conference on campus, gathering the most talented speakers around the world and sharing ideas that worth spreading with the Wesleyan Community. Additionally, I worked as an Orientation Leader twice because I love helping new students, especially international students, build a smooth transition from their high school to Wesleyan and learn about resources on campus that would make them thrive.

With other Orientation Leaders during training (the first person on the left)

I’ve been working at FCGS for 2 years and I enjoyed this experience very much. It’s meaningful to make more people around the world know how amazing Wesleyan is just like I do.