Welcome (back), Global Cardinals (Wesleyan international students)! We hope you had a great summer and your arrival to campus was smooth and safe. Please carefully read the following important announcements:
- OISA will offer both in-person and virtual advising sessions via Zoom during the Fall 2021 Semester. Our advising schedule will be updated on the OISA website by the start of classes on September 6. Please check back for instructions on how to get immigration advising support for maintaining your F-1 student visa status.
- Incoming international students with a Fall 2021 start date on your I-20: You must complete the “OISA Check-in for Students with Initial I-20s Request” in your ISS Portal by Monday, September 13. This is a very important U.S. government requirement for your F-1 visa status.
- Continuing students with an F-1 visa: You must complete the “SEVIS Check-in for Continuing F-1 Students” in your ISS Portal by Friday, September 17. This is a very important U.S. government requirement for your F-1 visa status.
- Read our messages! Throughout fall semester and beyond, we will send you important email reminders about your F-1 student visa status. Please read them carefully and take action when necessary. You can also read our important announcements via the biweekly Wes and the World newsletter, the ISS Portal, the OISA website, and our Facebook page.
- Meet our staff! The OISA team is made up of Assistant Director Janice Watson and new Director Morgan Keller who started at Wesleyan on August 23rd. We look forward to meeting you soon, whether for an advising session or at a campus program or event!
- Serving Wes’s full international student community: At OISA, we serve traditional international students studying on F-1 visas as well as self-identified international students who may be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. As we transition into a new chapter as an office, we will strive to support and provide opportunities for student engagement and advocacy that is inclusive of our full Global Cardinal community.
Have questions? Please start by visiting our website and doing a search for the information you need. If you still have a question, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be detailed in your message and include your full name and WesID number.
We are happy to be back with you on campus and look forward to serving you through the fall semester and beyond!