Meet and Greet: Caroline Bonnevie ’23

My name is Caroline Bonnevie and I’m from Boston, MA. Currently, my major is undecided, but I’m considering double majoring in Psychology and History or Government. I am also a Digital Specialist for the Fries Center for Global Studies. My work consists of taping lectures and classes, editing videos, assisting with the creation of e-portfolios for students, among many other tasks.

In addition to working at FCGS, I’m also a French tutor. I tutor up to two students a week to help bolster their understanding of the French language. I’ve found the work really rewarding, as it improves my own understanding of French as well as the students’.

I’m also a contributing writer for the Sports section of the Argus. I just wrote my first article, an op-ed about Mary Cain’s allegations against Nike, Alberto Salazar, and the Oregon Running Project, and I can’t wait to be published. Hopefully, I’ll become a staff writer and continue to write more for the newspaper.

Photo taken at a nearby apple orchard while relaxing on the weekend.

Most of all, what I love about Wesleyan is the community I’ve found here. The friends I’ve made here are wonderful, interesting, engaging people and professors are clearly passionate about their fields. I can’t wait to explore more classes in the years to come and meet more incredible, driven people.